Breaking News
recent

Being a Grownup

Hello again. Sorry for the loooong hiatus, school is kinda kicking my ass...

Moving along, last week I took a couple of big steps on the way to being a responsible adult. I have been an adult for, depending on what province you are from, either eight or nine years and I do a number of adult-like things on a regular basis; eat vegetable, order drinks at bars, say things like "I remember a time before Google", and tell jokes about Sinbad. But it is not everyday that I get all mature and responsible (unless you count working to support myself -- which I am not doing right this moment but I have done for an awfully long time).

I ride my bike, Lonesome Charlie, everywhere; all over downtown Toronto at all times and at all stages of sobriety. Last year I had a bad accident which involved me riding into a curb and flying over the handlebars and landing on my chin and spending the couple weeks with a distinctly Leno-esque chin (I may or may not have imbibed a couple of ill-advised pints of "Cool" lager at Sneaky Dee's) I was concussed but ok and while wearing a helmet wouldn't have hurt me it wouldn't have helped either because well, I landed on my face.

So, I was able at that time keep on justifying not wearing a helmet. Yes, I have ridden a bike in a busy urban city for five years and never worn a helmet. I don't even really have a reason why I didn't have a helmet; it wasn't esthetic reasons no matter how many times I joked that it was, mainly I think that I didn't have a helmet because I was crazy poor and thought that a cool-looking helmet would be upwards of $100.

But, all that is in the past now, my distant, immature, irresponsible past because last week I bought a helmet. I gotta say, I feel pretty good about my growing up.

Oh, and I also finally got a bell and found my lights for Charlie.
admin

admin

Powered by Blogger.
Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015