Breaking News
recent

My Swanky, Swell, Puttin on the Ritz 1940's Look

OK maybe it's not all that swanky, but the makeup and costumes from Captain America inspired me to take a stab at a 40's look of my own. I tried putting my own twist on it - using pink lips instead of brick red, and using a bit of gold eyeshadow. Enjoy!


My lovely vintage earrings from one of my bests - thanks Mel!


A simple eye - a touch of liquid liner, Bobbi Brown gold shadow
and lots of mascara on the outer corners to make the eyes look bigger


The key is to start the liquid liner in the middle of the eye lid -
start off with a thin line and make it thicker at the corner



The shadow makes it look polished, but you don't need it
Sometimes I like the liner and mascara alone


MAC's Haute & Naughty mascara is still my go-to mascara
It's nice and thick - really makes the eyes pop


I used MAC's Chatterbox lipstick for this look
I've had this lipstick forever and still go back to it


Aaaaand the finished product!
I wore a flowery dress,
moussed some waves into my hair,
and put the front pieces of my hair back with a little clip


The end! You can swap out the pink lips for a dark red for a more retro look,
I just think pink works better for me =)


You guys like it?

admin

admin

Powered by Blogger.
Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015