Breaking News
recent

My Makeup Story

I saw this cute post on someone's makeup blog, and thought it would be a fun one! Feel free to do so as well on your blog =) Here is My Makeup Story:

How old were you when you started wearing makeup?

About 13. Anything from raccoon eye liner, to blue hair mascara, to dark brown lipstick, to airbrushed flame nails I experimented with. The sheer thought of the above mentioned is enough to make my skin crawl. I think my parents would agree.


How did you get into makeup?

Both of my parents and many family members worked in the cosmetics industry (and now I do too!) so I was exposed to cosmetics and fragrances at a young age. I loved watching my mother put on pink lipstick at her vanity mirror. My dad would bring product home for me to look at and I was hypnotized by it.


What are some of your favorite brands?

I am a lover of so many brands, so it's hard to chose! I think each brand has their own identity and niche. Here are just some of my favorites - MAC, NARS, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Benefit, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown.

What does make-up mean to you?

Obsession. Creativity. Unique. Beauty. A better version of yourself.

If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?

An oil-free foundation base, a good under eye concealer (like Bobbi Brown’s), liquid black liner and a killer mascara!


What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?

Ugh I do hate this question but I will answer honestly. Most of the time, and I know there are a few exceptions, I feel that you get what you pay for when it comes to makeup. I find myself reaching for the same products, and they are mostly prestige/high-end makeup. I do believe that there are good mass market products out there, however in my experience I am usually disappointed by them.

What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?

Take good care of your skin at a young age. This includes washing your makeup off ALWAYS, and wearing some type of SPF in your moisturizer or foundation. If you have good skin, makeup application will be a lot easier and look better. I had acne when I was younger (and still get some break-outs from time to time, unfortunately) and it was a miserable feeling. Stay on top of it and it will pay off!


What is one makeup trend you never understood?

Overdone lip liner. Lip liner should define the lips in a natural way, not a “HEY THESE ARE MY LIPS, LOOK!” way. It’s just so gross.


What do you think of the Beauty Community on Youtube/Blogger?

I adore it. I haven’t been blogging as long as some others, but it is so rewarding and helpful. Most times before I buy something, I will look up reviews on blogs first. I trust other makeup addicts in that way and know they will give a product a thorough and honest review. Blogging gives me a creative outlet that is my own, and having readers connect with what you write is an amazing feeling!

Who is your style icon?

Brigitte Bardot. The eyes, the hair, the blonde bombshell appeal. Love her



admin

admin

Powered by Blogger.
Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015