Breaking News
recent

A Stolen Moment from the Lives of GB and Al #8

Our friends Dee and Kate were over for mojitos and cupcakes a couple days ago and we had a literary "Who's on First" type moment:

Dee -- I just finished The Road. Have any of you read it?

Alex -- Yeah... I mean, it was alright... I just really love his other work and I'm really not crazy about post-apocalyptic anything. The world already sucks enough as it is... (This is how I speak, apparently, full of ellipses. It must sound really annoying.)

(Kate nods)

Dee -- Hmm, ok. So many people say that it makes them want to go traveling but I don't know, I just didn't find it fun at all. They had bugs in their clothes. And, they were sleeping with all these women. 

(Confused looks all around)

Kate -- Hang on, do you mean On the Road?

Dee -- Yeah, that's what I said.

Kate -- No, you asked if we read The Road.

Dee -- Oh! I thought that describing it as post-apocalyptic was a little harsh! 

Of course, I will forever describe the Beats as post-apocalyptic now. And, The Road as travel lit.
admin

admin

Powered by Blogger.
Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015